As cat owners, I have always told my wife that our two girl cats (Serena & Bea) think of her as their Mama. Turns out, I might be right. Click on this link to read about an interesting study.
Given how the term ‘Polar Vortex’ is trending across America given how cold it has been lately across the country lately, Popular Mechanics has an EXCELLENT article on what exactly is a ‘polar vortex’. Click this link to read about it.
Seeing lots of snow out your window in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic? You’re not alone. The Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) on the Terra satellite saw it from above yesterday afternoon.
By all means, go out and have fun for New Year’s Eve but, drink moderately and your body will thank you.
Just look at the map below…
66.9% of the USA is now snow-covered, the most on this date in at least the last 10 years. pic.twitter.com/xLAXdbjB6Y
— USA TODAY Weather (@usatodayweather) December 9, 2013
- U.S. snow and ice in 2013 compared to 2012 (earthsky.org)
- Extreme winter weather rocking the U.S.A., from northwest to southeast, eventually (washingtonpost.com)
- Over half the U.S. is currently covered with snow (koco.com)
Al Gore is left scratching his head…
— Will Oremus (@WillOremus) December 6, 2013
Interesting read at Forbes on the correlation between whole grains and dementia, chronic headaches, depression, epilepsy, and other associated brain problems. Click the link in the title to read about it.
- Grain Brain (dailybrowse.wordpress.com)
- Save your brain. Eat a high fat/low grain diet. (the-tap.blogspot.com)
- Neurologist: Grains Rot Your Brains (tampa.cbslocal.com)
- Why your sandwich is destroying your brain (dailytelegraph.com.au)
- ‘Carbs rot the brain’: Doctor slams grains as ‘silent brain killers’ (dailymail.co.uk)