It’s the end of an era in Washington, D.C. Read more »
In times like these, God watches to see if we are going to still praise HIM. We Praise HIM in the good times, tough times & at all times
— Robert Griffin III (@RGIII) September 26, 2013
Well said RGIII!
- Player’s Turn: Robert Griffin III At The Mic (redskins.com)
- Are Redskins being too cautious with RGIII? (espn.go.com)
- Robert Griffin III: ‘Washington Redskins haven’t lost confidence’ (sportsmole.co.uk)
- Having Terrelle Pryor has Raiders better prepared to face Robert Griffin III (silverandblackpride.com)
In a land of freedom we are held hostage by the tyranny of political correctness
— Robert Griffin III (@RGIII) April 30, 2013
Amen brother. Kudos to RGIII for speaking his mind. Twitchy points out that liberals aren’t too happy with his tweet.
So, Washington football fans, how’s that offensive team name and demeaning sports mascot working out? Whooping and hollering as RGIII goes on a “Redskins” warpath only to leave a trail of tears when his wounded knee gets buried at FedEx Field.
In this obscene home team sports fantasy, the gifted Robert Griffin III was reduced to a “noble savage.” Let the “Redskin” play hurt. He can take it. Hail to the young brave-hearted quarterback as he limps into battle on that injured knee. Three cheers as he fights on his one good leg for Old D.C.
And when he’s felled during Sunday’s playoff game against the Seattle Seahawks, bringing the postseason to an ugly and immensely unsatisfying end — torn ligaments no doubt shortening his own career as well — Washington gasps in horror.
Bad karma, I tell you, that team name.
- Report: What’s in a name? ‘The Redskins’ bad karma’ (wtkr.com)
- Mike Shanahan’s Exploitation of RGIII Is a Complete Disgrace (bleacherreport.com)
- The RGIII injury, Mike Shanahan, and the same old Redskins (sbnation.com)
- Washington Redskins: Who is Responsible for Robert Griffin III’s knee injury (thepigskinreport.com)
Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III underwent reconstructive knee surgery this morning and tweeted out the following to the Burgundy & Gold Nation (a.k.a. Redskins fans):
Thank you for your prayers and support. I love God, my family, my team, the fans, & I love this game. See you guys next season.
— Robert Griffin III (@RGIII) January 9, 2013
Tweet your support to RG3 using the hashtag #GetWellRG3.
- RGIII defends himself as Redskins await knee results (wjla.com)
- RGIII Defends Himself From Critics: ‘I Thank God For Perspective’ (washington.cbslocal.com)
- RGIII has knee surgery (m.si.com)
FWIW, if you know how to avoid such ‘miseries’ Mr. McCartney describes in the article, it’s actually pretty fun to attend the games.
- Redskins-Seahawks matchups to watch (espn.go.com)
- NFL Films: Redskins-Seahawks Preview (redskins.com)
- The Personalities Of Washington Redskins’ Tailgating Lots (washington.cbslocal.com)