This is a must win for both teams. The Redskins lose and their out.
When the Redskins have the ball…
- The Redskins must win first downs. 2nd and short beats 2nd and long any day of the week.
- The Redskins must cut down on penalties. 13 penalties, the total from last week, is just players beating themselves.
- The Redskins will need to run the ball better than they did against the Eagles. They need to keep it between the tackles. The option isn’t going to work except in spots as the Dallas defense is pretty quick.
- Receivers need to get open. In the second half, as I mentioned before, it was the RGIII & Alfred ‘Bull’ Morris show. Other guys on offense are going to need to step up.
- Control the clock. The first quarters of Sunday’s game against the Eagles saw the Eagles control the clock for something like 12 minutes. This canot continue as the drives the Eagles couldn’t finish, the Cowboys will.
When the Cowboys have the ball…
- The Redskins must cover Dez Bryant. Dez was the one who killed us on a 3rd and 20 last year.
- Pass rush. The Redskins need to put pressure on Romo to make him try and make off balance throws.
- Stop the run. With DeMarco Murray and Tyrone Smith out, this is a perfect opportunity for our D to step up.
- Keep everything in front of you. The Cowboys will get their yards but, if you keep everything in front of you, this makes the Cowboys work to get downfield.
- The Redskins MUST cut down on penalties. Nothing hurts worse than holding a team on 3rd down and then giving them a 1st down because of penalties.
Hail To The Redskins!
- Redskins must pressure Tony Romo (espn.go.com)
- Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins: Live Score, Highlights and Analysis (bleacherreport.com)
- Series History: Redskins-Cowboys (redskins.com)
- Redskins-Cowboys: Experts Pick ‘Em (redskins.com)
- Final Word: Redskins-Cowboys (espn.go.com)