A very important case was heard this week in Washington, D.C. at the appeals court level involving Shirley Sherrod and her infamous tape (here’s the portion of her speech the media didn’t show you)that got her fired from the USDA. The case involves the Freedom of Speech right of bloggers to give an opinion.
Recently declassified tapes of President Lyndon Johnson’s telephone calls reveal a secret that may have changed the 1968 election. President Johnson had caught Richard Nixon sabotaging the Vietnam peace talks… but said nothing. Click this link to read the fascinating story at BBC News.
HABEMUS PAPAM FRANCISCUM
— Pontifex (@Pontifex) March 13, 2013
I just love videos like this from GodVine. Here, David Phelps and Maggie Beth Phelps sing an amazing duet of Agnus Dei.
Can you say oops? Oh well, at least it will be something to tell the grandkids.
Via Newsy, just when I was getting used to the current news feed, the ‘new’ news feed is being called a ‘personalized newspaper,’ but will users make it past the front page?
- How Should Journalists Adapt To Facebook’s New ‘Personalized Newspaper’ News Feed? (allfacebook.com)
- Facebook Unveils a Radically Redesigned News Feed (mashable.com)
- Facebook turns News Feed into ‘personalized newspaper’ (pcworld.com)
- Facebook’s Mark Zuckerburg unveils News Feed changes (telegraph.co.uk)
- Facebook’s Awesome New ‘Newspaper’ styled News Feed Revealed (thedroidguy.com)