A very interesting post over at WIRED Magazine.
An interesting read over at the LA Times on a study conducted by theLadders.com.
A very important case was heard this week in Washington, D.C. at the appeals court level involving Shirley Sherrod and her infamous tape (here’s the portion of her speech the media didn’t show you)that got her fired from the USDA. The case involves the Freedom of Speech right of bloggers to give an opinion.
Recently declassified tapes of President Lyndon Johnson’s telephone calls reveal a secret that may have changed the 1968 election. President Johnson had caught Richard Nixon sabotaging the Vietnam peace talks… but said nothing. Click this link to read the fascinating story at BBC News.
As money as Joe Flacco has been in his first five NFL seasons culminating with a Super Bowl win, this is a well deserved contract for one of the best QB’s in the NFL in Joe Flacco. In this fan’s opinion, Joe Flacco is worth every penny as the highest paid player in the NFL.
- Joe Flacco earned his history-making deal (espn.go.com)
- A look at some Joe Flacco contract details (espn.go.com)
- Joe Flacco contract: Ravens QB will be highest paid NFL player, per reports (sbnation.com)
- Joe Flacco To Become The Highest-Paid Player In NFL History (businessinsider.com)
- Joe Flacco Could Reportedly Become Highest-Paid Player in NFL History (bleacherreport.com)
As a grandparent myself, this story on whether Google is replacing grandparents is concerning. Here’s hoping my grandkids still consider me a good source.
Great piece by Charles Krauthammer in today’s Washington Post titled ‘Hail Armageddon’ on the sequester taking effect in Washington, D.C.
- Hail Armageddon (nationalreview.com)
- Krauthammer’s Take: Sequester ‘Most Ridiculously Hyped Armageddon Since the Mayan Calendar’ (nationalreview.com)
- Krauthammer: Here’s How Republicans Can Win the Argument Over “Sequestration” (townhall.com)