Click this link to read this excellent piece.
Considering that the East Coast has been experiencing lower than normal temperatures this fall, this statement is idiotic to say the least.
Via E2 Wire
Al Gore said Tuesday that Hurricane Sandy is a “disturbing sign of things to come” in a warming world and should prompt action to curb greenhouse gas emissions from fossil fuels.
“We must heed this warning and act quickly to solve the climate crisis. Dirty energy makes dirty weather,” the former vice president said in a statement on his website.
Gore cited Sandy, which slammed ashore late Monday, and smaller-scale flooding in his hometown of Nashville two years ago, noting “both storms were strengthened by the climate crisis.”
“Scientists tell us that by continually dumping 90 million tons of global warming pollution into the atmosphere every single day, we are altering the environment in which all storms develop. As the oceans and atmosphere continue to warm, storms are becoming more energetic and powerful,” he said.
- college professors teaching classes on environmental studies,
- clerks at bicycle repair shops,
- antique dealer employees,
- Salvation Army workers because they are selling used clothing,
- stores selling rare books and manuscripts,
- consignment shop workers,
- used record shop employees,
- garbage disposal workers, and
- even oil lobbyists if they are engaged in advocacy related to environmental issues.
Fox News personality Eric Bolling was given a Chevy Volt to test drive and it failed miserably. As Eric explains in the video below, after charging for 12 hours, the Volt runs out of juice within 25 miles from home.
Considering that the car ‘only’ costs $41,000, this is a major #fail.