Great read from Mike Wise at The Washington Post wrapping the year in review for pro sports in Washington, D.C. Click this link to read it. (H/T Pat) (more…)
Archive | washington dc RSS feed for this section
Giant Food has stores all over the DMV. Here’s the sign I saw tonight entering the store in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Well done.
ICYMI, there was a decent profile in today’s Washington Post of Jeff Bezos and his recent acquisition of the newspaper. I thought of two ideas for Mr. Bezos.
So sorry to hear the news today that the 9:30 club’s ‘Big’ Josh Burdette has died. In the many times I attended a concert at the 9:30 club, you couldn’t help but notice his presence. He was always polite even when throwing out kids with a fake ID.
Considering last year’s run to the playoffs, this is a little surprising. Via CBS DC/WNEW D.C. traffic on game nights might seem to indicate otherwise, but apparently the Nationals are one of the least popular teams in baseball. Harris Interactive’s annual report on the popularity of Major League Baseball teams is out, and the Nats […]
Great piece by Charles Krauthammer in today’s Washington Post titled ‘Hail Armageddon’ on the sequester taking effect in Washington, D.C. Related articles Hail Armageddon (nationalreview.com) Krauthammer’s Take: Sequester ‘Most Ridiculously Hyped Armageddon Since the Mayan Calendar’ (nationalreview.com) Krauthammer: Here’s How Republicans Can Win the Argument Over “Sequestration” (townhall.com)
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- RT @Theismann7: Someone needs to ask Mr. Jones did he rush Tony back to try to save a season. 27 mins ago retweeted via Theismann7
- All things are difficult before they are easy. - Thomas Fuller #quote 3 hours ago
- It is REALLY evident Chip Kelly has lost the Philly locker room #PHIvsDET #NFLThanksgiving 4 hours ago
- Well put... https://t.co/9fQseqtWzH 4 hours ago
- C'mon @Lions #LetsDoThis #NFLThanksgiving #PHIvsDET 5 hours ago