Palm Sunday is the last Sunday during Lent, a time of solemn observance and preparation for the celebration of the death and resurrection of Jesus at Easter.
Palm Sunday is a special day that begins Holy Week, and it commemorates Jesus’s entry into Jerusalem before his arrest. It is part of the observance of Lent, which starts on Ash Wednesday and centers on the 40 days Jesus spent in the desert praying.
During Holy Week, I hope you can look to these Biblical verses to focus on the true meaning of Easter. These are some of my favorites.
- John 12: 12-19 – Jesus’ Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem
- Matthew 21: 1-11 – Jesus’ Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 – “So if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new!”
- Psalm 31:24 – “Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!”
- Mark 1: 1-11 – The Proclamation of John the Baptist & The Baptism of Jesus
- John 3:16-17 – “‘For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life. ‘Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.”
- Luke 19: 38